Nuttola is a granola with, well you guessed it, nuts! I sometimes add some seeds but it works fine without them. I eat it for breakfast with some whole milk greek yoghurt and some berries on top!
- Nuts! Walnuts, Macadamias, Brazil, Blanched almonds, Pistachio, Pine and Hazelnuts are my favourite choices. Proportions are entirely up to you. There is no set guidelines.
- Some coconut oil or nut oil
- Desiccated coconut – optional extra if you like coconut
- something sweet – organic unrefined coconut sugar, organic maple syrup, organic honey, honey blackstrap molasses.
- Soak the nuts in a big bowl, change the water occasionally and leave to soak for 12-18hours.
- Dry the nuts out on a baking tray in a low oven – around 50DegC for a few hours until they are almost dry but not quite.
- Turn the oven up to 100-120DegC
- Using a processor, add the nuts into the food processor. For every 2 cups of nuts, add up to a tablespoon of the sweetener and 2 tbs of desiccated coconut and 1tbs of oil. Whizz it up until it is broken up but still has some large pieces.
- Spread the mixture out on some baking paper on a baking tray in a thin layer. Bake for about 20mins.
- Check it and mix it up a bit then sprinkle a bit more honey/sugar/molasses on the top
- Cook until parts begin to go golden and it has fully dried out.
- Remove and allow to cool without disturbing it so it has a chance to set.
- Once cool, transfer to a storage container and enjoy!