Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500gms of beef mince min 15% fat (or lamb mince for Shepherd’s pie)
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 carrots
- 200gms of tomato passata
- Parsley (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper
- Half head of cauliflower
- 2 TBS of Coconut cream
- Nutritional yeast or parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180DegC
- Boil the cauliflower florets in some water.
- Drain the water and add in the coconut cream, salt, knob of butter.
- Either using a handheld blender or blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pan heat up a knob of butter, add finely chopped onion & carrot and cook until starting to soften.
- Add the mince and brown the meat.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley and crushed garlic.
- Finally add the passata, stir through and cook for a few more minutes
- Add the mince to an oven proof dish
- Spread the cauliflower mash on the top and run a fork through to make it look fluffy. Sprinkle the top with nutritional yeast or parmesan
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20minutes or until the top starts to brown