I made pancakes this morning to make a change. The pancakes turned out really well and were really easy to make.
Two good sized portions you will need:
- 4 eggs
- 3tbs of Bob Mills potato starch flour
- 2tbs coconut flour
- Whole milk (or coconut milk/almond milk) until the desired consistency is reached
- 1tsp of vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda (optional)
Put everything except the milk in a bowl and start mixing with a fork. Add a dash of milk and then mix well – to do this I used a handheld blender. Add another dash of milk until it is a thick batter. You want it to move when you pour it but not too runny it doesn’t hold form.
Get a really hot pan and fry a bit of butter/coconut oil.
Pour in the batter to make thick rounds about the same diameter as a mug. Leave for a minute or until you can move them about. The top will still look wet but that is ok. Flip it and push the shape back together into a round shape (mine ran a bit but it was easily fixed).
Wait a minute or two and when the colour is golden brown like a pancake they are done!
We had them with:
- Organic whole greek yoghurt and fresh organic raspberries
- bacon and maple syrup
- nuts and maple syrup