Two of my favourite things are cheese and pate (and also butter and honey!) but what to eat it with if you can’t eat bread. Almond crackers are not difficult to make and they contain only three ingredients:
- one egg
- one cup of almond meal/flour – may need more/less depending on size of egg.
- Himalayan or sea salt
- Pre-set oven to 170DegC.
- mix all ingredients together. add more almond meal if it is too sticky. you want it to feel dough like and not too sticky.
- Grab a sheet of grease proof paper and put in on the counter. Split the dough into balls – smaller than golf balls. Then using another piece of greaseproof paper and a flat object (I use a coaster) flatten and press the balls as thin as you can.
- Place in the oven and cook until they turn golden. should be about 10mins but keep an eye on them from 7mins.
- Let them cool and they should go crispy. I keep them in the fridge.
Variations – You could add herbs like oregano or even add grated cheese like parmesan into the mix to make cheese crackers. You could sweeten them to make biscuits.