- 2 cups of ground almonds / almond flour
- 3 free range eggs
- 4 TBS raw honey or organic maple syrup
- 12 TBS of extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 6 Dried apricot halves (prunes also work well)
- Pine nuts – optional topping
- Pre-heat oven to 160oC
- Mix all ingredients together in a food processor (except fruit and pine nuts)
- Add pieces of dried fruit and mix well. Pour into a lined cake tin.
- Add pine nuts on top.
- Place in centre of oven for 30-35mins – do not leave any longer as it will be dry
- Leave to cool completely before removing from cake tin.